A 4’’ OD carbon steel pipeline operating at 4 kg/cm² located at M/s. Savita Oil Technologies Ltd was experiencing 70 % wall loss and seepage in a section of water pipe. Also there was seepage in 3’’ MS pipeline of oil operating at 3 kg/cm². The customer required immediate solution that could be effectively and easily installed in the moderately inaccessible humid environment to prevent an unexpected shutdown or catastrophic rupture in the pipeline.
Composite MRO 8024 PIPE WRAP fully restored the structural integrity of the pipeline. This repair eliminated the need to replace the defective section of pipe, fully restored the pipe’s hoop and axial strength enabling full pipeline operations and was completed cost effectively in only 2 hours.
STANDARD APPLICATION PROCEDURE
- Open foil pouch and immerse MRO 8024 – Pipe Wrap bandage in temperate fresh water for 10 Seconds to activate. The entire content must be used once the package is opened within approximately 2 minutes.
- Apply MRO 8024 – Pipe Wrap around the damaged area extending up to 50mm either side of the leak to ensure complete coverage. It is important that the bandage is applied quickly as curing begins once it is taken out of the water.
- Whilst wrapping, pull each layer tightly by using your hand to mould and squeeze the layers together. Continue this action during and upon completion.
- Indirect heat may be applied to accelerate cure times if required
- The wrapping should be done minimum 4 times around pipes or 4 times of wall thickness whichever is higher.
Keep working the urethane back into the tape while molding and pressing the tape until it has lost its initial tackiness.
March, 2019 by M/s Arctic Technologies, Mumbai – Authorized Channel Partner of MRO INFRA LLP & certified MRO applicator.