In any industry, a critical pipe leakage can have severe results including the shutdown of the entire operation. It is therefore imperative that asset managers have an effective emergency pipe repair plan in place, should the worst happen. Ultimately, the earlier the integrity of the asset can be securely restored, the better.
MRO 8024 PIPE WRAP can specifically fully repair the damaged pipe and prevent future leakage.
When ultimately repaired, then subsequently pressure test with no failure.
STANDARD APPLICATION PROCEDURE
- Open foil pouch and immerse MRO 8024 – Pipe Wrap bandage in temperate fresh water for 10 Seconds to activate. The entire content must be used once the package is opened within approximately 2 minutes.
- Apply MRO 8024 – Pipe Wrap around the damaged area extending up to 50mm either side of the leak to ensure complete coverage. It is important that the bandage is applied quickly as curing begins once it is taken out of the water.
- Whilst wrapping, pull each layer tightly by using your hand to mould and squeeze the layers together. Continue this action during and upon completion.
- The indirect heat may be applied to accelerate cure times if required
- The wrapping should be done minimum 4 times around pipes or 4 times of wall thickness whichever is higher.
- Keep working the urethane back into the tape while molding and pressing the tape until it has lost its initial
Emergency seepage occurred in 4 inch pipeline.
Without shutdown they could attend the leakage. All repairs were completed with no downtime and disruption to the production.
February, 2019 by M/s Arctic Technologies – Mumbai
N.B: The customer now trusts MRO INFRA range and they have now also given floor marking job at their factory.